Thursday, August 2, 2012

On a reader's comment about MyPhone

Before Christmas, I received a comment from a reader of my blog site.

The reader, basically, aired his complaint about the services of MySolid Technologies.  The guy happened to be shopping for a new cellphone at SM Megamall.  Upon payment for a new Myphone unit, he asked for a receipt but the sales attendant could not provide one.  In his disgust, he withdrew from the transaction altogether.

In his comment, he mentioned that he would rather patronize foreign companies than buy from homegrown counterparts that do not follow laws and thus, deprive government of much needed taxes.

For my part, I immediately forwarded his comment to MySolid Technologies.  They were to quick to reply and stating that "SM Megamall MyPhone Kiosks and Stores are NOT operated by us (MySolid Technologies) but by our dealers. The dealer (in question for Megamall) is Sienna Telecoms."

They also added that "MyPhone is a subsidiary of the Solid Group holdings - a PUBLICLY LISTED company under the Securities and Exchange Commission."  This makes the company an active and legitimate player in the industry.

First, I would like to recognize the reader for bringing up the matter.  It is a fact that customer service in our country is lousy with few exceptions.  Like him, we should do our part in protecting our rights as consumers.

Second, direct sellers and dealers should not operate unless they are fully prepared to be of service to their clients which includes issuing receipts for every transaction.  This is a basic requirement but sadly is being overlooked by some businesses and government units as well.

Third, I appreciate the immediate response of Jingo Fermin of MySolid Technologies to my query.  His reply readily answered all concerns.

I sincerely hope this clears the air for all involved.  I am just glad my blog site had become a conduit in addressing and understanding the matter.

Lastly, I would to thank all those who read my blogs last year and rest assured that more exciting blogs will coming your way this 2011.  And of course, comments are most welcome.

First posted on January 5, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment